36 PAGES ENABLING COMPETENT NOTE READING
Here is a fun and easy way to teach the music notes to beginners! The Easy Notes theory books can be used right from the very first lesson. The books teach four octaves of music notes through characters and stories that link to each note’s position on the piano keyboard and on the music stave. This enables the beginner to instantly recognize the notes on the stave, and link them to the notes on the piano. The stories are fun to teach, and children, teenagers, and even adults love them! They spark the imagination, turning ‘boring’ notes into lovable and memorable characters. Easy Notes is fun and engaging, and it really works!
- 36 pages of theory packed with stories, pictures and exercises.
- The books systematically teach four octaves of notes in the treble and bass, as well as rhythm and dynamics.
- Level 1 teaches the C position and G position notes.
- Level 2 teaches the middle C position and high G position notes, plus the upper and lower ledger lines.
- The books also use stories to teach sharps, flats, and chords, and how to draw note stems and clefs.
- The books include a full set of tear-out note flashcards.
- Each book has a rhythm section, Easy Beats, which teaches beginner rhythm and dynamics through stories.
CENTER SECTION OF FLASHCARDS
The theory books include a center section containing tear-out flashcards. Flashcards are an excellent way to practice quick recognition of the notes - a crucial skill for effortless music reading!
The flashcards are laid out in the order that the notes are taught so that they can be torn out one by one as the notes are learned. Easy Notes Level 1 contains 19 flashcards; Level 2 has 12.
The Easy Beats section in the Level 2 book teaches these beginner rhythm concepts through characters and stories:
- eighth notes
- dotted quarter notes
- eighth rests
- tempo markings: allegro, andante, adagio
- crescendo and diminuendo
- how to draw rests
- writing the counts and bar lines in music